Wednesday 13 June 2012

Re:Made in June

10:10 have been encouraging everyone to re-make and fix things up, rather than dumping things when they get broken or are no longer needed.  Being a bit of a squirrel myself, I like this challenge a lot!

My Jubilee Weekend Project was to fix up a snooker table with JW.  We saved it from the jaws of a skip and turned it from this:




                                                                        Into this:



Next up, it was my lovely Grandma's 86th birthday.  Yes, that's right, the same age as the Queen, and she still works every day too; amazing!  To celebrate Grandma's birthday I turned these dry-cleaning coat hangers (donated by a friend):



In to these rather fetching padded coat-hangers, using left-over dress-making fabric:


My final recent re-make was to turn this:


 Into this: An Apple Tree for my Dad on Father's Day.



 Go on, what can you re-make this month!


1 comment:

  1. Great makes! I have been making all my own cards lately, pledged not to buy any. They are so impresonal and over priced. I will have to find somethings to fix up!

    ReplyDelete